Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ansoft Designer "Push Excitations" Pushes Wrong Va

Status
Not open for further replies.

etothe456t

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
push excitations

I am wondering if someone could explain the values that Ansoft Designer Generates to Push Excitations into HFSS, in particular the strange values Designer is calculating for me...

In the simplest example, say you have a structure with 1 lumped port in HFSS. You solve it at a single frequency point with the iterative, driven modal solver.

Then in Ansoft Designer you create a new circuit simulation. This Designer circuit has two components... the HFSS N-Port Design, and 1 single 50ohm port connected with a single wire.

Add a sinusoidal power excitation to the port in designer of 1W, then solve a Linear Network Analysis Setup, and then push the excitation to HFSS.

If you go into HFSS and check the "Edit Sources" dialog, the scaling factor and offset phase values are not what I would expect, which is 1, angle(0deg).

I'm expecting this because HFSS says the solved magnitude is 1W, why would pushing an excitation of 1W in Designer result in anything different? Its giving me a scaling factor of 6.7054.... angle(23.58....deg) for this 1W excitation from designer.

Has anyone experienced this, or can explain why this might be so?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back