Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ansys HFSS - Increasing the Number of Points in the 'Primary Sweep' Variable for Far-Field Rectangular Plot

Status
Not open for further replies.

EEcab

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am plotting the gain versus frequency for a patch antenna in HFSS. My frequency sweep has 1001 points in it. However, when I plot a rectangular Far-Field plot with 'Freq' as the Primary Sweep, I am not able to choose from the 1001 points. Instead, I am only given the option to sweep through 32 frequency points.

As you can see, the available points in the drop-down menu are much, much less than 1001. Can anyone show me how to increase the number of points so that my plot appears smoother? I understand how to change the number of theta and phi points in the 'Far-Field Radiation Sphere Setup', just not frequency.

Thanks

1666725945031.png

You may follow this thread regarding plotting more data points for smoother plots in Ansis:

HFSS only saves the fields at discrete frequency points. If you need to have access to this data, you need to set your frequency sweep to type 'discrete', rather than something like 'fast' or 'interpolated'. Be sure to save the fields at all points.

If you want to plot the fields at all the frequency points which I would never recommend then you need to check the save fields tab in the left bottom corner of sweep setup but it will make the solution file huge and it works for all types interpolating, discrete and fast sweeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back