Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

analog filters design issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

priyadarshi

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi i have to design a simple filter using common source amplifier with resisitive load and it is must to use it the how can it be done please help............... alot thnks in advance .............waiting.........???

Did you realize that there are some different filter types? (lowpass, highpass,...).
When you have no further specification, the common source stage its already a filter (low pass due to falling gain at high frequencies).

yes you are right i have'nt specified it completely but a common source amplifier is open loop system and filter cant be realised as open loop. so how a closed loop system can be realised for a filter using common source amplifier

priyadarshi said:
yes you are right i have'nt specified it completely but a common source amplifier is open loop system and filter cant be realised as open loop. so how a closed loop system can be realised for a filter using common source amplifier

Did you hear about RC or RLC networks? All are open-loop filters.
However, when you are required to design an active filter with feedback, you should give some more information (lowpass, highpass? ; Filter order? ; pole frequencies?)

ohk sir ,thnks a lot for your reply and you are right actually i am new to analog design and doing my thesis on bulk driven analog design, initially i was afraid of doing thesis in analog but now i feel it is interesting although very tough.
so i will revert back with proper specs thnks again. i have visited your replies on other post on filter issues they are helpful and i have downloaded the attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.