Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

An article on how to patch PC BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinczakko

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Maybe some of you interested to read it :wink: .
link: Pinczakko's Guide to Award BIOS Patching

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Table of Contents

1. Introduction

2. Modbin Internals

3. System-BIOS Patching Ninjutsu
3.1. The Secret Of The Sharingan
3.1.1. Byte Patterns a.k.a Signatures of Binary Files
3.1.2. Attacking With Sharingan
3.2. Case 1: Sharingan Attack to The EPA Procedure
3.3. Case 2: Sharingan Attack to The Clock Generator Initialization Routine

4. Generic System-BIOS Patching Ninjutsu

5. References

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It also contains a little explanation on the clock-generator initialization routine. Maybe this part is interesting for overclocker's around here eventhough it's not as complete as you might expect :wink: . The presentation maybe a bit weird though. But yeah, I just want to say something about BIOS modification :lol:

Anyway, to mods. I don't know if this post is exactly belongs to this group, but the article speaks quite a lot about clock-generator and BIOS modification, so I think this is the right place. However, if you would like to relocate it, it's up to you to decide.

greetz,
Pinczakko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back