Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Am I bouncing the clock on my shift register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InsertCoffee

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm 'getting to know' a shift register (8 bit serial in, parallel out) before connecting it to my PIC, by putting it in a breadboard with LEDs and trying to send it data using jumpleads.
I get a problem where all off the LEDs are either on or off, and I'm wondering if thats because of signal bounce when I insert the 'clock' jump lead. Maybe it's getting loads of clock signals when I only intended to send on pulse. Does that sound likely?

U R right!

if you are using a push button or a spdp switch as clock you certainly havo noise in your clock input... i think you already simulated your circuit and it worked on sym but on the real stuff it just goes from all ON to OFF very quickly... right??

try using a de-bouncing circuit.... ialways used the http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~elosery/fall_2009/ee231L/lab6.pdf (pag.3) SRlatch debouncer... (it never failed me!) but you can find more solutions for you... (on google of course!)

it´s only neccesary for the clock input... not for all inputs...

Cool, maybe I'm getting the hang of this. Good extra info too. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back