Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

All_you_need_to_build_PicKit_2

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does Tipkalo and elko mean ... in the parts list "BOM.txt" file

masood_ahm said:
what does Tipkalo and elko mean ... in the parts list "BOM.txt" file

Tipkalo == push-button
elko == electrolytic capacitor(type of cap)

(dont mind if this sounds a stupid question because i m new to this) ..
can you please tell me the size of your PCB because took print out of "PicKit2-1-mod.pdf" file in the "SCH_PCB_original" folder and it looks too small..

masood_ahm said:
(dont mind if this sounds a stupid question because i m new to this) ..
can you please tell me the size of your PCB because took print out of "PicKit2-1-mod.pdf" file in the "SCH_PCB_original" folder and it looks too small..

I gave it to my friend, I'll ask him to measure it.
Download Eagle and run pcb file, there should me pcb size values.

ok i know using original PICkit2 to program microcontrolors that doesnt belong to microchip.is illegal.. but this circuit is not the original PICKit2 ...using this for others should not be illegal .. so my question is ..by any chance ..can this programmer be used for AVR microcontrolors

masood_ahm said:
ok i know using original PICkit2 to program microcontrolors that doesnt belong to microchip.is illegal.. but this circuit is not the original PICKit2 ...using this for others should not be illegal .. so my question is ..by any chance ..can this programmer be used for AVR microcontrolors
as Microchip have released the full documentation, if you want to use part of it to serve your cause may not be illegal.
illogical you mean ?
However, coming to using PICKIT2 for programming AVr devices, may be , you have to write appropriate drivers and you can use after testing your drivers.

@Yus

Did you consider Alexan commercial for the case? Ther quite cheap.

Gents

Seems its good to have alternative DIY kit for those dont have the time to make thier own board or etch.Or those who like it with color.

But I will agree with Jhanus, we are here because we dont have money to spend if we do, we wont be here in the first place. Since I can do etching & soldering your effort is greatly appreciated.

But for the sales men here.... what really annoy me is the pushy approach of endorsing thier product.

Questions sometimes answered half heartedly because products are being injected....also those who like to contribute are discourage to share due to the fact that it is readily available in the market.

If I may suugest have a single topic for all of the advertisement then if you want to plug your product just provide links....

Hope this is fair enough to everybody...reading ads on threads is really a destruction for me. let us leave the threads for hobbyist, to those who do not have money only time.

The primary reason we come to such forum is to get help and help others. Thanks jhanus. i'll be building this programmer shortly. if i may ask, can i use jdm programmer with winpic for the 18f2550? it's functional and have used it to programme good number of pic chips except 18f2550.

codewiz said:
The primary reason we come to such forum is to get help and help others. Thanks jhanus. i'll be building this programmer shortly. if i may ask, can i use jdm programmer with winpic for the 18f2550? it's functional and have used it to programme good number of pic chips except 18f2550.
you can use the DL4YHF programmer with external power supply and works well even for PIC18F2550
perhaps you need to use winpic800 software

what about the "small additional board" for 3,3v pic's programming ! I need for dspic33 .

x_dadu said:
what about the "small additional board" for 3,3v pic's programming ! I need for dspic33 .
a similar arrangement for 3.3V working has been shown by Bill in his Junebug assembly manual and also by Sizilva at www.mcuhobby.com

But you need to be careful not to damage the chip by inappropriate design.
the best appears to be to follow programming consideration for the chip under concern from the application notes and The Ds PIC33 series from ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/70152C.pdf

Dear Jhanus!
You are a lifesaver man...............
simply awesome work...............i cant say anything else

Pickit2 PCAD and Gerber files

Original schematic with minor changes -
FDC6420C replaced by two separated MOSFETs.

All SMD components, diodes are SOT-23.

divan said:

FDC6420 is available with Farnel with Order Code:1467968 and is not costly.

divan said:

Nice board! Has it got cabinet? What is the cabinet for your PCB?

Here is my design - )

Re: pk2v023200.hex

yes there are no 24LC512 EEPROMs, but who needs them, and it can't program 3.3V parts.
may is ask that if i copy the schematic exactly as in pickit 2 and with memory then will this hex file run? in short this is unaltered hex file right? anyways good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back