Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

All topics related to AD7758

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Energy Meter ADE7758

hello to all members
please see the attached files and please please help me two communicate the atmega32 and ade7758.i will be obliged to you.
i am unable to comunicate these two .
i am posting the hardware and software .
i am checking the communication between two atmega32 one as master and one as slave it is working fine but unable two to communicate the atmega32 and ade7758.

ADE 7758

hi I am working with ade7753.
Can you send me your spi code? I could read the registers, but the writing seems unsuccessful.

Can we share the experience working on ADE chips?

BEST!

Re: ADE 7758

which microcontroller u r using

yasirali have u tried using pullups for all lines. if not first pullup all the lines with a 4K7 resistor i am using renesas microcontroller .

Added after 1 minutes:

yasirali did u know the procedure to calibrate ade 7758?

Hi Vedantham,
am also working with ADe7758 and Renesas controller for measuring energy. pls guide me in this regard, am able to read and write values into register of 7758, but pls guide me in calibration part, and how to measure Vrms, power and Irms, PF etc. u can reach me at vemula.shivakrishna@gmail.com give me ur contact no i will talk to you or mail me pls.Can u pls send me the softcopy code to me.?

shiva

Re: ADE7758 with Freescale MC9S08LL16

Hi Albert,
Am also working 7758 I can able to read and write values from 7758. The problem when should I read the converted digital voltage value from AVRMS, AWATTHR how come we knew that the converted value is available and when can we read the values pls suggest as it is more imp to me.
And one more IMP, for to measure AVRAM what are the basis initialization I need to do, and when I need to read the value.
And for Energy in AWATTHR and AVAHR what are init values I need to write and when I need to read the values from these registers.
Pls help me in this regard. Could please send me the code if you have.
Thanks in advance.
Shiva

The problem when should I read the converted digital voltage value from AVRMS, AWATTHR how come we knew that the converted value is available and when can we read the values pls suggest as it is more imp to me.

You can use /IRQ as ext. interrupt to mcu and enable required bits at Interrupt ask Registers and read reset interrupt status register.e.g you can use zero crossing bit.

regards,
Arup

hi friends, i am also doing same projects,u want to use one power monitoring ic,i used SA9903b single phase power monitoring ic, u give the current and voltage values using ct and pt ,the ic contains adc and some pheripherals,that gives reactive power ,active power and rms voltage,u will get the value thro spi communication

powering the ade7758 evb

hi i have a query. if i donot power up the ade7758 evaluation board and apply 220 v lines on input . then what will be the consequences.the voltage at input of evaluation board can be harmful or is it safe to do so.will the board bear it or it will be damaged. i am uploading internal circuitry pic of ade7758 and also evaluation board document.plz this is urgently required

Re: interfacing atmega32 and ade7758

hi i have a query. if i donot power up the ade7758 evaluation board and apply 220 v lines on input . then what will be the consequences.the voltage at input of evaluation board can be harmful or is it safe to do so.will the board bear it or it will be damaged.plz this is urgently required

hi i have a query. if i donot power up the ade7758 evaluation board and apply 220 v lines on input . then what will be the consequences.the voltage at input of evaluation board can be harmful or is it safe to do so.will the board bear it or it will be damaged.plz this is urgently required.

hi i have a query. if i donot power up the ade7758 evaluation board and apply 220 v lines on input . then what will be the consequences.the voltage at input of evaluation board can be harmful or is it safe to do so.will the board bear it or it will be damaged.plz this is urgently required

Re: ADE7758 with P89V51RD2BN Controller

hi
vedantam thanks for your response i will definitely check about your suggestion of pull up tomorrow actually these days i was working on another project .i was really hopless about ade7758
thats why i tried for ade7754 and see some result but i think so pull ip will resolve my problem on ade7754 and ade7758 .is i have to pull up all lines mosi ,miso and ss?
i donot know the procedure to caliberate the ade7758 but if u know then share me.

hi
charlyking i can share the running code with atmega32 and ade7754 .i wil post on the forum tomorrow.

SALAM
amnakhan786

as far as the ade7758 evaluation board is concerned me and my team lead think
that nothing will harm the board because the board is equiped with resistors network at the voltage input
but if you are using some kind of Current transformer with(1:2500 or 1:1800) at the current input then it may harm the board because at the
secondary the voltage produced is in kv and if you donot attach some kind of load
then it will produce shock.

salam,
thanks for your prompt and timely reply, yasir, my query also includes that if board is powered off and the first time i connect my board to 220 v lines then whether it is safe because no filters will be on at that time.i think that nothing shud happen but i just wanted to confirm.when there is no supply nothing will be working.

please see the attached pics for your answer.
and if you donot mind then tell me for which company you are working and
from were in pakistan.
my e-mail

valiant_ali@yahoo.com

hi,
i wanted to know that how i can callibrate ade7758 with the help of a reference meter under same load conditions. i am reading vrms register through ade7758 eval software but i am getting weird readings with difference of 10-20 volts rms in each phase.the problem is that the trends are not constant.i havent gone towards callibration for any reading.

Hi there.

Need some advice interfacing an ADE7758 with a AVR32 MCU. Has anyone done something similar with this MCU?

Thanks

Hi peeps

I am able to read voltage/current/watthr etc from the ADE 7758. I even attached a RTC and use a EEPROM to store data on my project. I can watch all this data (1 phase so far) on a USART terminal.

The problem is i wanted to put 2 more outputs which are a SD Card (SPI) and a serial ethernet board (also SPI). When i attached the SD Card the EEPROM begun to malfunction. That's why i didn't even connect the serial ethernet board yet.

Who has experience building a complete energy monitoring system like mine using C language? It consist of: SD Card
Serial Ethernet Board
EEPROM
RTC
USART

ADE 7758

I would like to develop an ac wattmeter using the ADE7753.
Can anyone help with some code (initialization and value reading) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.