Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Advice required for selection of simulation software for a system

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldriver

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a system which has sensors monitoring moisture,temperature and light and then it uses these parameters to control a motor. However,before implementation, i would like to carry out a simulation which provides simulation using ARDUINO MICROCONTROLLER as the coding is easier. Can you advise a software that would allow me to simulate a motor? . I know that sensors can be simulated using potentiometers or varible resistances as all of the above mentioned sensors convert the input to resistance change. The only issue is to simulate a motor. Is proteus advisable?

So to sum it up:
Please advise a simulation software which can allow me to achieve the above tasks using arduino such that i can upload an .ino file to the simulator.

"Simulate a motor" - regarding which of it's properties?

None of the listed sensors takes a mechanical quantity as input, so it won't react on the movement of the motor. Or you attempt to simulate a system where the motor movement is causing further pysical action, e.g. driven a fan, moving something etc. which is finally sensed as input quantity.

Generally, the system can be described by linear and nonlinear differential equations which can be modelled in C code.

Position of a stepper motor*

- - - Updated - - -

Yes,obviously it doesn't take a mechanical quantity as an input but it does convert the input to a change in resistance.

Yes. Proteus can simulate a stepper with its angle. Also Proteus had Arduino models. For temperature sensor you can use DTH11 and LDR for light. Proteus also has these models. If this is a hobby project then Proteus can do the job.

I am designing a system which has sensors monitoring moisture,temperature and light and then it uses these parameters to control a motor. However,before implementation, i would like to carry out a simulation which provides simulation using ARDUINO MICROCONTROLLER as the coding is easier. Can you advise a software that would allow me to simulate a motor? . I know that sensors can be simulated using potentiometers or varible resistances as all of the above mentioned sensors convert the input to resistance change. The only issue is to simulate a motor. Is proteus advisable?

So to sum it up:
Please advise a simulation software which can allow me to achieve the above tasks using arduino such that i can upload an .ino file to the simulator.

Yes, Proteus will be better option. I have used it earlier with motors, LEDs, sensors, switches and PIC micros. Results were on expected lines.

Yes. Proteus can simulate a stepper with its angle. Also Proteus had Arduino models. For temperature sensor you can use DTH11 and LDR for light. Proteus also has these models. If this is a hobby project then Proteus can do the job.

Thanks! ,No, its not a hobby project ,its a small part of my final year project in my undergraduate EE .

Status
Not open for further replies.