Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

adjustable counter without using a micro-controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

m2babaey

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I'd like to design an adjustable counter without using a micro-controller
For example this system should be adjustable to count up to 100, and switch a relay when counter matched the adjusted value (100 in this example)
The top value for counter should be adjustable with a few micro-switches
Although I know this is a very simple task using an AVR, but I am wondering if I can do this without a micro-controller like AVR and how?
Thanks for your comments

You can make a preset counter with digital logic components. The effort compared to a single chip processor solution would be rather high. Study a selection guide of CD4000 CMOS or 74HC logic series and review the datasheets of promising counter ICs. Experience the feeling of 70s and 80s electronic design!

By using thump wheel switch and AND gate you can achieve the adjustable count value. The remaining part is build by cmos 40 series or 74 series IC's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back