Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADEXL Monte Carlo Simulation Error: no statistical data generated for the test

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranran19870222

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey all, I am encountering a problem when running Monte Carlo simulation in ADE XL. I want to use Monte Carlo mismatch simulation to find out the achievable IIP2 of a passive mixer at each corner (typical fast and slow). I am using virtuoso 6.1.4 and IBM cms9flp design kit. At the end of the running it gives the warning as follows:
ADEXL-5052: Monte Carlo run stopped because no statistical data generated for the test: XXX
1. In the output setup, I did add a scalar expression of IIP2, but it is a little bit complicated because my in/output signal is current. I have IIP2=ipn(hb2dBm hb1dBm 2 1), where I substitute hb2dBm and hb1dBm with dBm version of hb1 and hb2 where
hb1=harmonic(i("/V14/PLUS" ?result "sweephb_hb_fi-sweep") list(-1 0 1)) ---- fund
and hb2=harmonic(i("/V14/PLUS" ?result "sweephb_hb_fi-sweep") list(0 -1 1)) ---- 2nd order harmonic
2. For the corner setup, I turned off the process variation switch, customized the model file of design.scs for each corner and included them in the corner setup window. I also chose method "All" for Monte Carlo setup.
I am guessing the problem comes from step 1 with the expression for IIP2, but I dont know exactly where because it worked well for single simulation in ADE L.. and it is a scalar. Anyone has experience on this? Any help will be really appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back