Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADE7753 Problem with zero crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielx25

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ade7753

I'm from Argentina so apologize me because of my poor english. I could communicate with the ADE7753 but in the datasheet said the when the IC detect a zero crossing a zero appear in the STATUS register and after a read the RSTSTATUS a 1 apear and the IRQ changes to 1. I'm using a a AT89S8253 and i'm programing in ASM, my program set the interrupt vector of the ADE for the zero crossing and the program wait, when the MCU detect the 0 the I read the RSTTATUS but i have a 1 if I read again i have a 0 (this is the Zero crossing flag) , so the question is if the ADE when detect a cero crossing sets a 1 or 0 in the flag?. (the Datasheet said a 0, but i'm detecting a 1)

zero crosing

HI

Use the zero crossing hardware IO pin from the ADE7753 and connect it via opto cupler to your controller interrupt input and generate an interrupt every zerocross

all the best

Bobi

ade7753 reset problem

Thanks, I coud solve the problem. the 1 that appear was because when the ADE starts waits til its ready and then sets the reset bit.

Added after 3 minutes:

Now i have a problem whith the irms current, because i dont have a zero value when i put zero volts; I tried to compesate whith the IRMS Offset register but i can't make hat the reading became zero (its about 255)

ade 7753

Hi

In order to do that you will need to match the current sensing element to the ADE7753

In Analog site there are several application note show how to do that

All the best

Bobi

Daniel, veo que tuviste un problema similar al mio. Resulta que siempre tengo en uno el bit de ZERO CROSING (ZX) del registro de estado de interrupciones.
Probé deshabilitarlo desde el ENABLE INTERRUPT REGISTER pero sigue poniendose en uno.
Intento resetearlo leyendo el RESET STATUS INTERRUPT REGISTER y sigue en uno.

Si quito la tensión. el ZX vuelve a cero pero se me pone en uno el bit de ZX timeout....

En definitiva, siempre tengo el pin IRQ en bajo.

Que puedo hacer para solucionar esto? intento deshabilitar todas las interrupciones, pero las relacionadas con la tensión siguen activas. no entiendo que sucede. (habilito/deshabilito otras interrupciones y responden bien, es decir se activan o desactivan según su máscara de interrupción en el INTERRUPT ENABLE REGISTER)

Gracias!

PD: por las dudas la comunicación, funciona perfectamente, estoy leyendo valores de tension y corriente RMS perfectamente, iguales a las primarias.

---------- Post added at 10:45 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

Encontré el problema! se requiere una resitencia de pull-UP en el PIN IRQ. Gracias igual. Saludos!!
I've found the problem!. It's necessary to connect a pull-up resistor at IRQ PIN....Thanks. Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back