Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADC for wireless application

Status
Not open for further replies.

surianova

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all

i plan to do PhD and the topic is 'low power pipeline ADC for wireless application'. What do you all think and any opinion about this topic?

Today's newest design area in low power wireless application for ADC is bandpass continous time sigma delta (check in IEEE for example): they embed the filtering and AtoD conversion in one signle block with a great design effort (especially if done in 0.13um or lower tecnologies)
I've seen a lot of pipeline for very fast signals (tens of MHz), not so common in wireless applications.

If you have relevant ideas in pipeline, just follow them.

I hope it can help.

Mazz

see :**broken link removed**

surianova

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Mazz said:
Today's newest design area in low power wireless application for ADC is bandpass continous time sigma delta (check in IEEE for example): they embed the filtering and AtoD conversion in one signle block with a great design effort (especially if done in 0.13um or lower tecnologies)
I've seen a lot of pipeline for very fast signals (tens of MHz), not so common in wireless applications.

If you have relevant ideas in pipeline, just follow them.

I hope it can help.

Mazz

see :**broken link removed**

thank you.. How about ADC for Wimax?

they use delta sigma ADC or pipeline ADC?

thanks

I don't have specific experience on WiMax, but, generally speaking, for boadband wireless, the ADC architecture choice here is based mainly on system level architecture.

So both choices are possible.

Mazz

surianova

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Mazz said:
I don't have specific experience on WiMax, but, generally speaking, for boadband wireless, the ADC architecture choice here is based mainly on system level architecture.

So both choices are possible.

Mazz

thank you for your information, normally what is the specification ADC need to look into for wireless application. For i know are as below:

1. Input frequency
2. Resolution ( number of bits)
3. Sampling rate.
4. Power dissipation.

what else i need to look into about the specification?

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back