Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2.4 GHz Oscillator Circuit Design for Wireless Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

viasplace

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone.

I'm going to ask a question for a research article.
I have an oscillator circuit that works at a frequency of 2.4 GHz for wireless applications.
Our consultant asked us to explain briefly, although we didn't know much about the subject.

Can you help me? What other measurements should we take?

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_Graph_S.png

Oscillator design should be done step by step by measuring/simulating oscillator metrics.
First, you have to use ideal components to measure oscillator behavior. These are
-Negative Resistance Check
-Resonator Characterization
-Optimization of Feedback Circuit
-Optimization of Biasing
Then return back and do this iteration.

Once the oscillator conditions are satisfied, you can replace the components with practical ones.
If the conditions are still valid, you can pass to second step e.g. HB simulations.

I cannot surely explain whole oscillator design methodology here but it's roughly so.
Ulrich Rodhe's text book ( and certainly others ) will be your guide. There are many examples and optimization methods in it. Refer to this book and read it carefully.

Your oscillator Clapp-Gouriet ( modified Collpits ) type and there are many examples and information about this oscillator.

If the oscillator works well then you should check these point below.
-Output Power
-Tuning Range by Tuning Voltage
-Phase Noise
-Pulling ( under different loading conditions )
-Pushing ( under different supply voltages )
-Harmonics and their levels
-Frequency Shifting by Temperature
I will post an similar AWR example project file here later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back