Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC power socket with controlling current

Status
Not open for further replies.

chethankp

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need a power socket which provides the , ON,OFF,Current consumption, and current controlling .. I came across with a device[1] which provides ON,OFF and current cosumption but it does not provide any control on the current flow to the load .

Can somebody suggest a product or circuite which can do this ?

[1]https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Sensors/SmartOutlet_english.pdf

What type of load do you want to control and what is the power requirement and terminal voltage of the load?

Hi ,
I need to connect the loads like FAN, BULB .. my terminal voltage will be 200 t 230 ..

In terms of current control, a device/appliance that is in good working condition can only take the required current from the power supply.
Assuming a generator is capable of delivering 500A and a fan which needs 2A for its operation is connected, only the 2A will be delivered to the fan.
Please let me know if you have a contrary view.

Yes .. I agree with you,, that is when we provide full current, load will draws its maximum current ..

Actually I need to control the current the way we control for FAN(control using regulator) .

Now I need this kind of digtal control for FAN and BULB , I need to control the current to these load ..

fan and bulb regulators do not work by current control. They work by voltage control - either by using a rheostat, or by some form of switching to reduce the average voltage.

You can control bulbs by the use of AC light dimmer switches.

I had a bit search on this but did not get any digtaly controlled dimmer swicth ..

Can you suggest any or some circuite to start it of ?

I had a bit search on this but did not get any digtaly controlled dimmer swicth ..

Can you suggest any or some circuite to start it of ?

try putting this in your google : digitally controlled dimmer

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.