Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AC or DC input to DC output SMPS circuit design

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdo.medo1000

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I want to design an SMPS circuit with the following specifications:

* Input can be either 33-265 VAC or 48-375 VDC

* Multiple DC outputs (eg. 5VDC, 10VDC etc. )

* Output power (40-100W)

I am not able to enter these parameters into PI expert to make my SMPS design.

Do you have any reference designs or any other software you recommend?

For 100W you are just into having a boost stage ( UPF ) to lift the volts to 375VDC - then a down converter - to give you your multiple outputs ....
thank you for your idea and sorry for my late response,

I prefer to use custom Transformer for each output

As you did not share information about each specific output - the members of this group are unable to give specific advice about the best practice way to achieve your ends ...

As you did not share information about each specific output - the members of this group are unable to give specific advice about the best practice way to achieve your ends ...I noticed that I did not share the output information.
The output should be like that
1. Output is 24v with 0.5A
2. Output is 10v with 0.8A
3. Output is -10v with 0.8A
4. Output is 5v with 0.5A
5. Output is 3.3v with 1A

Sincerely,

The smartest way forward would be to have the main converter with a 24V output, then generate the +/- 10V of that, then 5V off the 24V too, then 3v3 off the 5V - all with switchers ....

The smartest way forward would be to have the main converter with a 24V output, then generate the +/- 10V of that, then 5V off the 24V too, then 3v3 off the 5V - all with switchers ....
Is using this method to make the circuit will not effect on the efficiency of the outputs if high current are taken through them at same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.