Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About Torque in DC gear motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysysy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

i am doing a mobile robot project. I am using 2 dc gear motor to control my car movement. May i know what will be the maximum load of my robot to make sure my robot can run smoothly.

For example,
The at load information given by motor datasheet is,

current: 0.5A speed(RPM):112 then the Torque 2.16Kg.cm

for what i know is, if my radius of my wheel is 1cm, then the load muz be lower then 2.16kg. but now i using 2 dc motor, 1 as a right wheel and 1 as a left wheel.

so in this situation, may i know more accurate or precise way to calculate how weight my robot can carry. (* Basically my robot load just including wheel, robot chassis, breadboard circuit, variety of component)

Instead of implement experiment, i hope i can know some correct design method for my robot carry weight.

hope can get some knowledge from u guys.

Thanks.

Regards,

sysysy

In all conditions the total weight of the robot must be less than motor torgue,dont forget W=mg.

In all conditions the total weight of the robot must be less than motor torgue,dont forget W=mg
Yes, if the robot is intended to drive in a vertical direction, in other words operate as an elevator. Otherwise a factor sin(φ) for the pitch angle applies.

Yes, if the robot is intended to drive in a vertical direction, in other words operate as an elevator. Otherwise a factor sin(φ) for the pitch angle applies.

Plus the rolling resistance, which is a linear function of the weight of the robot. If the robot is driving on a flat surface, then this will be the only factor.

You can measure the rolling resistance by disconnecting the motor, and putting the robot on an angled surface.

The rolling resistance - mass of robot x 9.8 x sin(min angle required to cause robot to roll)

Hugo

Status
Not open for further replies.