Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

About the AC result of this amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaom9

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am designing a full differential OTA which is a Folded Cascode amp.
There is something strange in the AC result.
Can anyone help me analyze it?
Thank you!
The AC result is the OUTP node.

gaom9 said:
Thank you!

When you say "there is something strange" you must have had some expectation about the result, right? So, what did you expect or want? What makes you think that "something" looks "strange"?

LvW said:
gaom9 said:
Thank you!

When you say "there is something strange" you must have had some expectation about the result, right? So, what did you expect or want? What makes you think that "something" looks "strange"?

Hi, LVM
I am sorry I did not describe the meaning distinctly.
My question is why there is a zero in the AC result at the frequency near the main pole which makes the phase-margin bad.
Because this zero is near the main pole, so I think it is caused at the output node, but I do not know why.
This OTA is used as the boost-amp in a gain-boosted amplifier.
So it should have a good PM.

Thank you!
Best regards!

gaom9 said:
My question is why there is a zero in the AC result at the frequency near the main pole which makes the phase-margin bad.
Because this zero is near the main pole, so I think it is caused at the output node, but I do not know why.
Best regards!

Why do you worry about the zero? It enhances the phase function and, thus, improves stability. Nevertheless, I agree, of course the margin is not sufficient.
But it is impossible for me to locate the source of the zero. Perhaps you should try a kind of classic phase compensation.

gaom9

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back