Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about SRF04 ultrasonic sensor module

Status
Not open for further replies.

boon1987

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
about Ultrasonic sensor

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding component of SRF04 ultrasonic module. The company daventech manufactured this kind of ultrasonic range finder. My question is regarding the tranducer that it used. I want to ask is it all the ultrasonic range finder manufacturer like Daventech and Lagu use the same transducer component? I know their circuit design may same but the aluminium housed transducer is same. Are they?

about Ultrasonic sensor

There are several manufacturers making similar 40 kHz ultrasonic transducers. The exact parameters (capacitance, bandwidth) may be slightly different.

Re: about Ultrasonic sensor

thank for replying, nice Mr.FvM

I have another question. There is a circuit modified from SRF04 ultrasonic range finder. They modified the circuit by their own for their own purpose of the project. They are using the aluminium housing transducer from the SRF04. Can i use their circuit but i replace the transducer with a cheap tranducer?. Will different tranducer used will affect the circuit?

about Ultrasonic sensor

I would expect most manufacturers of similar devices to use cheap transducers. It depends on the circuit, e.g. if the transducer is operated in a resonant circuit requiring a particular sensor capacitance. According to a different bandwidth, the pulse response would be different as well.

Re: about Ultrasonic sensor

I saw a polarized SRF04 ultrasonic ranger finder. I am confused with the term "polarized". What does it meaning? This sensor is polarized due to its circuit design or due to special transducer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back