Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A simple but odd question about voltage devider!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aomidee

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody
Im going too place a voltage divider between Ground and a point of 15V (dc) with 2 resisrors. The current in the resistors is exactly 0. Does anybody know that it would work in practice or not?! thanks

There will always be current in a resistor if there is a voltage across it. Very large values of resistors produce lower current, but the "load" on the divider by the following circuitry will affect the division ratio.

Current will always be there. Until your resistor is open or have infinite impedance.

V = I R

if I = 0 then V =0
so its not possible to have a zero current flowing through the resistance if its has voltage across it

:D v=ir !!! I know that, but I simulated a pattern in Pspice and all current values in the circuit were zero! (Voltages were not zero in some nodes!)
I found a mistake in my design finally. thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.