Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question on the power spilitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

chang830

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
power spilitter

Hi,

I see some one used the attached circuit as a power splitter. It is ussd in a 900MHz RF system. I can not understand its principle. Would anyone pls. gives me some explainations on this circuit?

Thanks in advance

spilitter

Hi

You are sure that there was not any capacitors?

coupling may exist between L1 and L2. So the current flowing through L1 and L2 are same.

Hi

It is a lumped version of Wilkinson power divider. Instead of quarterwavelength lines inductors are used to provide 90 deg phase shift on the operating frequency. The divider can be very small as oposed to classical realization with transmission lines.

flyhigh

chang830

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
flyhigh said:
Hi

It is a lumped version of Wilkinson power divider. Instead of quarterwavelength lines inductors are used to provide 90 deg phase shift on the operating frequency. The divider can be very small as oposed to classical realization with transmission lines.

flyhigh

Hi, flyhigh,
I think you are tight. Attached figure is the actuaral circuit I saw. Attached another PDF file is an article about the Wilkinson power splitters. I agree with you that it is the Wilkinson powet splitter. But just as tyassin asked above. Where is the capacitors Cp in the fiugre? I think the capacitos in the attached figure is the dc-blocking capacitor. So where is the Cp?

would u pls. shed some more light on it?

Thanks in advance

A lumped element Wilkinson splitter needs the capacitors as in the paper you posted, otherwise the isolation between divided ports is very poor.

A splitter is used not only to divide/combine signals, but also to isolate one from each other.

So, whoever designs the schematic you posted was a little bit “greedy” trying to get economy of parts.

chang830

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back