Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question on charge pump in PLL design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

g94426

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there anyone could tell me how to design the charge pump circuits in front of the loop filter of a PLL? Is there any ICs available for this purpose? and how to select an appropriate IC?

I just start to learn to design a PLL and appreciate any help. Thanks first!

look for google, many kind of charge pump.

I think also that there is complete PLL on chip try to search in national or so..

R u designing an integrated or a discrete PLL ?

swithching at source

Just need discrete pump only...?
there are many discrete PLL ICs but discrete pump seems rare.

Hi
I have sent you a paper about charged pump PLLs .
it is not the exact answer to your question ,but i hope it will be useful for you.

i just designed a pll for my project. i followed the design by

Shenggao Li, High Performance GHz RF CMOS IC’s for Integrated Phase-Locked Loops, Phd dissertation Ohio State University, 2000

try to use inter lib load to get the thesis.

karthik167 said:
i just designed a pll for my project. i followed the design by

Shenggao Li, High Performance GHz RF CMOS IC’s for Integrated Phase-Locked Loops, Phd dissertation Ohio State University, 2000

try to use inter lib load to get the thesis.

can u plz upload that thesis on the board..
thanx

pll charge pump design 3rd system
use matlab tsimulink

I designed a cmos PLL frequency synthesizer. For a charge pump is important to consider the dead zone and load redistribution, if you want to have a better phase noise response.

you can study from the classical textbook: RF microelectronics. there is basic theory about the charge pump and PLL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back