Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

a question about cpw feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljx1067

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
these are all cpw feed, I wonder what is the different usage of them?why do people always use the second feed in silicon based antenna?thanks.

People use CPW feed for the purpose of better matching over the wider frequency range. The type depends on the application and ease of usage.

I used both and both work well, but i prefer waveport feed because it gives you more grasp on results you can find port impedence, you can deembed your port etc

mfarhan1 said:
I used both and both work well, but i prefer waveport feed because it gives you more grasp on results you can find port impedence, you can deembed your port etc

I am interested to know how to deembed the port's affect when using the port as probe pad? I read some related papers but still puzzled. when simulating, the pad is a part of the antenna,so if deembed it, the result will change.how to deal with that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back