Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A good hardware verification language

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipinlal

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I know VHDL and would like to learn a hardware verification language.I googled and found that these are the common languages used right now: SystemVerilog, OpenVera, e, and SystemC.

So right now I am confused about learning which one among the ones listed above.I searched here and found this link:
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/34629/
But this was 5 years before and the situation may have changed a lot by now.

My question is which verification language is most used in the industry to test the HDL design in the functional level?
I hope that all HVL's are capable of testing the design even if the design is made in VHDL or in Verilog.

Please guide me...

The same languages are used today in industry. If your design is made in VHDL or Verilog go for e Language or SystemVerilog

which simulator should I use for system verilog and E language?
Is it possible to get a free compiler+simulator for these languages? I meant something like Xilinx Webpack edition where you get almost all the features required for HDL design.

ModelSim, Questasim for SystemVerilog and Specman for E.

i have downloaded ModelSim SE version. Will it support the basic capabilities of system verilog and system C.

Also how does E varies from system verilog and system C?

As far as I know , there are two main HW verification languages: systemverilog and e language .
E language with specman tool was the leading one for several years but nowadays systemVerilog become more and more popular.
In my opinion, systemVerilog is more intuitive for those how knows verilog and understand the object oriented concept.

Br,

Ran Shani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back