Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

500w pure sine wave inverter convert in to 2000w or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slnuwan

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have a pure sine wave 500w inverter(12v DC to 230v AC/50 hz).
As it it not enough for my power requirement I want to modify it with some powerful mosfets to meet 2000w or more.
But I cant understand how to modify it. what type of mosfets should used to boos up dc to dc conversion and what type of mosfets should used to switching function with same PWM driver ?
Can you please share some circuit diagrams?
Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Nuwan

Hi all,

I have a pure sine wave 500w inverter(12v DC to 230v AC/50 hz).
As it it not enough for my power requirement I want to modify it with some powerful mosfets to meet 2000w or more.
But I cant understand how to modify it. what type of mosfets should used to boos up dc to dc conversion and what type of mosfets should used to switching function with same PWM driver ?
Can you please share some circuit diagrams?
Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Nuwan

Hi Nuwan
Could i correctly understand what you're attempting to do ? you want to modify a circuit which it already designed by anyone else ? ( by a company ) ?
If so i must disappoint you because it is not as simple as you think ! changing mosfets can't lead you through the higher powers , why ? because it's PSU stage is important too . it must be able to handle such a power . it's transformers and inductors must be able too .
I highly recommend you to don't do such a thing and forget it . if you like to have a higher power one you have two reasonable choices .
1-buy another one
2- Design yourself

Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hello goldsmith,

Thank you for the reply.

I tried to modify what I bought from a company.
In Sri Lanka high power sure sine wave inverters are very expensive as taxes are very high.
That is why I bought 500w one.

Can you please help me to design a pure sine wave inverter?
I have a 160w solar panel and 200AH battery, solar charging control.
I want to design a inverter with 2000w in power or more.
If you have circuit diagrams can you please share with me?

Thanks,
Nuwan.

I tried to modify what I bought from a company.
In Sri Lanka high power sure sine wave inverters are very expensive as taxes are very high.
That is why I bought 500w one.
Hi again
So live it intact and try to to destruct it ! :wink:

Can you please help me to design a pure sine wave inverter?
I have a 160w solar panel and 200AH battery, solar charging control.
I want to design a inverter with 2000w in power or more.
If you have circuit diagrams can you please share with me?

Try to have a bit search entire of the EDAboard about DC link inverter or modified sine wave inverters . you'll see a lot of these stuffs . and ask me again if they are not as clear as enough or perhaps if you get stuck on em .

Best Luck
Goldsmith

Hi
The way out is to change the transformer and the power board. You need to define the new battery voltage and design a new transfromer. But this a bit of complication unless you are fully knowing about the circuit of your control card.
Post a picture of the card, Probably I can help if the inverter is an Indian Make.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back