Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3205 Motor driver Just dumb after a second

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANS HAFEEZ

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
SALAM
IR2110+-+3.png

i m using this circuit but as i take input from 5V regulator it just dump and motor just jurk one time so whats the solution
Urgent help
:)

You need to give us more info.
To drive the motor you need to feed a complimentary pwm signal into either Hin/Lin 1 or Hin/Lin2. If feeding into Hin/Lin1 then drive Lin2 high.
This circuit won't work without pwm input , and it won't work at 100% duty cycle. Switching output is needed to charge the bootstrap cap.
Neddie

You can't drive this circuit with 5v from a regulator. It requires a PWM( or switching if you prefer) waveform to work.
If you want to drive the motor from 5V , the easiest way is to use a transistor or fet to drive the motor.
At 300V , make sure you use high voltage transistors or IGBT.
Connect one side of the motor to 300V , the other side to the transistor collector(Drain if FET)
Transistor's emitter(source if FET) to gnd. Drive the base with your 5V signal(via resistor).
Don't forget to put a freewheeling diode reversed across the motor to circulate the current in the motor.
Far from elegant , but it will work. No speed control unless you pwm the base , but if you are going to use pwm , use
your original cct!
All that being said , it sounds like you are not very experienced with electronics. Maybe get going with 12V motors.
300V is pretty dangerous and there is probably no isolation here!!
Neddie

Actually the easiest way to drive this motor is via a relay!!

"All that being said , it sounds like you are not very experienced with electronics."
Yes i am new in electronics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.