Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2KV isolation in PCB file

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack_pcb

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pcb track isolation

Dear All .

I am working in Cadence allegro , i need 2KV isolation in transformer .Could any one tell me please wat to do for it in brd file .

Thanks in advance .

pcb 2kv isolation

You just need to maintain clearance (aka moat) between the isolated areas. Some components cross the moat (e.g. isolated DC/DC converters, transformers, optocouplers). Planes should be removed from the moat area.

Hope it helped.

2kv pcb layout

At first, you have to know the regulations, that apply to your instrument under design, e.g. IEC 1010/EN61010.

PCB design tools have a feature of defining net classes with specific design rules (e.g. trace widths and spacings) and also class-to-class rules. The latter are able to check the distance requirements for isolated nets automaticly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back