Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24v 30Amp brushed DC analogue motor controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdog

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have a circuit drawing for a bi-directional motor controller that I intend using on the wife's mobility scooter.
It's centered around the Harris HIP4082IP chip, and the Vishnay STP75NF75 Mosfet in 'H' bridge format.

I've utilised a single LM324 as the PWM section, which works well on o Bipolar 'H' bridge, and incorporated a cheap 30 amp 22mm auto fuse as a current sensor.
My question to this forum is; Is a poorly executed, but readable HAND DRAWN circuit diagramme acceptable?

Can't use CAD, and wont use PIC.

As long as it can be understood --- give it a try.

pilko

Hello Dear cdog
How much is your PWM frequency ?
And how much power do you need ?
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Hi pilko and Goldsmith. Sorry for the delay. Pilko, I will, Goldsith, around 20kHz and 30 amps.As this section of the forum seems to be quiet, I'll post the diagramme on the main board. Cheers.

Again Hi
So , your frequency is ok . but for this power , you'd better to increase it . because of two reason :
1- because your current is a little high , you'll hear some magic sounds like the birds sounds from your ferrite core !
2- if you increase your frequency , the number of turns of your magnetic elements will decrease , incredibly !

So would you like to get this prower from the main power line directly ? and is isolation , important for you ?
And tell me a bit more explanation about what you need for better help .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

Thanks Goldsmith. Please see analogue circuits for the prposed circuit. This is for a motor controller on a mobile vehicle. cdog

So what is your need ? a circuit diagram ? if yes , i think you'll need to change the rotation , polarity ? isn't it ? ( i said this according your application )
Regards
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.