Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24 x 24 matrix for LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELECTRONICIENSENIOR

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to develop a portable ECG for individual useage, with a AD8232.

After a few time with a FSTN 320x200 dsplay without controller then important charge to the cpu without sufficient contrast I have tried a 3"5 TFT 480x320 which I arrive to detect and drive.

I will have to display some labels and numerical data. Since the display is 320x480 for about 53x81mm so pixels are 0,13 x 0,13 mm and for 4mm height characters it takes 3 char in height and 24 char in wight, so 72 bytes per digit, 0 to 9 = 720 bytes, plus a few characters, not possible with a PIC16F1827 without external memory3

My question is if I use a 8x8 matrix for ASCII and tripling pixels in both axis will it be acceptable ? Of course I can try !!

I am searching the best way in terms of speed, and also program memory size, to make the job.

Any ideas
--- Updated ---

Many thanks

Last edited:
Using a 8x8 matrix and doubling it in both directions gives good results as I do it as on my display as a 8x8 matrix is to small, not as good as a true 16x16 matrix but it looks good. I don't know about tripling the 8x8 matrix but I expect that it would be expectable.

An intermediate result :

Attachments

• P1060352.JPG
    P1060352.JPG
    578.3 KB · Views: 82

Status
Not open for further replies.