Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 Questions: Surface Inductance, RF Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarg

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am doing my first HFSS simulation and seem to be stuck on a few (sadly simple) things.

- Is there a way of directly inputting a surface inductance? I found the 'boundary reactance' option, but I deal with superconducting resonator circuits with extremely high quality factors, which are very sensitive to such parameters. I dont mind approximating the reactance as constant for frequency ranges; its just not preferred.

- How exactly can one simply input an RF voltage (magnitude does not matter) into a 3D conductor. There is a ground conductor nearby that probably needs to be referenced, or is having it attached to the boundaries good enough? Simply having waveports at my in and out points doesnt seem to work.

Thanks for any help.

I figured out my wave port issue, but still would like to know if its possible to attribute either a material or just a solid structure with a specific surface inductance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back