Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is the stripline ciruit smaller than microstrip circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boy

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ANyone know, if i chanage the design from microctrip to stripline, the PCB will get smaller or not? thank you

Hi boy,

The electrical wavelength of a microstrip circuit is longer than the wavelength of a stripline circuit. The reason is the change in the effective epsilon value. So your PCB will get smaller if you change from microstrip to stripline.
AppCad from Agilent is a nice tool to calculate impedances and electrical wavelengths of such transmission lines.

Bye

via problem

I think the number of via will be increased when changing wicrostrip circuit to stripline circuit, which will increase the loss of signal. And also, it's difficult to tune.

More thinner than Microstripeline
you may put a little inductor on both side of stripline,because of the via can effect the signal like adding a little capacitor; or you may have a half wave length for the stripline to minimize the via effect.
Microstripline is easy to adjust by a knife ,but stripline is a gamble.

May I just put the stripline struture into a metal book, say brass, so that i dont have to worry about via?

5.66 GHz and 200 MHz bandwidth

I think the freq. range u use doesn't need to be strip lines as it's small and the cost of the strip line is greater

I am designing this filter for a measurment system. I wonder that the stripline is better than microstrip or not, in term of performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back