Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gunn-diode, baluns and X-band lab system

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoppTidigare

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, could somebody help me with these questions of mine:
1.Should a gunn-diode be forward or back biased to start to oscillate.

2. If I feed a dipole antenna with an unbalanced 75 Ohm coax, what happens ? Does the current distribution change ?If so why ? Why should I use a balun ?

3.I have acess to a X-band experimental waveguide lab set-up, there you can modulate the 10GHz carrier(gunn-diode) with a 1kHz square-wave. Why did the designers of the labsystem choose to allow the experimenter to modulate the carrier with 1kHz ? Is it for a more accurate meausrment of some parameter ?

4.Does somebody have a nice timediagram over the Gilbert mixer, (when diodes are on/off) as a function of the input signals ?

Regards,
StoppTidigare

A message to Odysseus: Couldn't you make your tutorials with a tool that is free availible , pleeeaaase ?(Like APLAC )

1. Gunn diode should be "properly" biased.
3. 1kHz mod is for detection purposes. With a simple diode detector you can observe the level of the signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back