Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

breakdown voltage calculation.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssankurathri

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
breakdown voltage calculation

hi
i used guassian profile doping for my design. i would like to calculate the breakdown voltage for that junction.i found a formula for breakdown voltage calculation of linear graded junction as 9.17* 10^9 (a)^-0.4

in the above formula, 'a' is given as impurity gradient and units are cm^-4.
though i know the peak concentration and junction concentration for my doping,i couldn't calculate this impurity gradient, which indeed necessary for breakdown voltage calculation.
could anyone please help in this issue. i got struck up at this point. it's urgent.

Thanks
skr

junction breakdown calculation

If its linear, and you have two points, namely, thinner doping and thicker doping values, make a line and find its slope. X-axis is the distance. Y-axis is the doping profile.

I am not too sure about my answer, but the reason I think its not a bad method is because the gradient is in cm^-4, which is (cm^-3)/cm. Kinda reverse answering..

If anyone knows a better method, share it.....

Srivats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back