Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the theory Behind Electromagnetic Waves

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_books

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the theory Behind Electromagnetic Waves ? How many types r they ? How do they travel ? What are their Applications ?

Electromagnetic waves is a big subject. To start with they are defined mathematically completely by 4 equations called the Maxwell's Equations. Their application is at countless places. Antennas, Radios, Cellular phones, Electronics, and the list is never ending.

my_books

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
it cant be answered in this little space..bcoz EM waves is in infinite space(ha ha ha)...u better read some books...
1.Electromagnetics and waves -hayt and buck
2.Electromagnetics-John d kraus...
and lot more..

my_books

Friend, Maxwell's Equations (Four differential equations that summarize classical properties of electromagnetic fields) is the fundamental to know EM. From the equation you will learn voltage and current properties of a conductor (coils, inductors ...). Later, you can link what you had learned from the basic of Maxwell's Equations and proceed to EM radiation thats is another fundamental theory of antenna. Until here, you should have the basic of EM waves.

Hope this will help :)

my_books

Electromagnetic radiation is generally described as a self-propagating wave in space with electric and magnetic components. These components oscillate at right angles to each other and to the direction of propagation, and are in phase with each other. Electromagnetic radiation is classified into types according to the frequency of the wave: these types include, in order of increasing frequency, radio waves, microwaves, infrared radiation, visible light, ultraviolet radiation, X-rays and gamma rays. In some technical contexts the entire range is referred to as just 'light'. [1]

EM radiation carries energy and momentum, which may be imparted when it interacts with matter.

**broken link removed**

Electromagnetic radiation can be imagined as a self-propagating transverse oscillating wave of electric and magnetic fields. This diagram shows a plane linearly polarised wave propagating from left to right.

my_books

Status
Not open for further replies.