Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for Metal Backed PCB suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.

tranzorb

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am currently looking for a supplier of metal backed PCB (you know, for power dissipation, attachment to heatsinks...), cheap would be great of course. Location is not important, could be india or china or USA or europe. The important point is that it is a reliable source.

I thank you all for your help.

I have designed many such substrate board for Power electronics application.
It's fabricated & is cheap in China. try Tong Ziang.

Not sure if they still do it.

centiago said:
I have designed many such substrate board for Power electronics application.
It's fabricated & is cheap in China. try Tong Ziang.

Not sure if they still do it.

Thanks for the info; I tried Tong Ziang, but was not able to find them on the WEB. Do you have their web address by any chance?

Thanks

Colleagues,

I'm curious about the metal-backed PCBs technology for a long time. Could you give me some references (books, app notes, web sites) on metal-backed PCB design? I also wonde, if the backing can have a complex shape? Can it be a heatsink with fins?

Thanks!
Nick

Kender,

Metal backed PCBs can be found in the form of a PCB glued to a metal sheet via the use of a prepreg in a standard PCB process (Arlon or Thermagon for example are good at heat conduction). It can also be directly attached to a heatsink if you use Pressure Sensitive Adhesive to attach the PCB to the heatsink (because in this case it is not possible to use a standard PCB process), however it will be difficult to solder on the board because of thermal inertia.

By the way, I am still looking for a provider of metal backed PCBs, anywhere in the world but with proven reliability. Thanks all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back