Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CMOS Fabrication Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrot

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

In the below shown figures, First one is Top view and the second one is cross-sectional view.

In the cross-sectional view(second fig): for P-mos transistor -> in n-well region there is P+ for both source and drain, but near the drain region there is also n-well contact included. What is this? why is this included during CMOS Fabrication Technology> Is it purposely included? Is is acting like resistor?

Also in the Top View(first figure) it is showing, in n-well the pmos is connected to VDD. Is this right?

its a body/substrate contact...my suggestion read a good book on MOS device and then fabrication...refer book on semiconductor devices by ben streetman...

i m having one more doubt in CMOS.
why pmos is fabricated on N-well. But why on Nmos?
Nmos is not in well in a CMOS? any specfic reson.
thanks in advance for good replies.
dont reply refer this books to me

This is called well ties, the purpose is to tie N well to most positive supply (VDD), thus prevent substrate and N well from being forward biased (latch-up).

Why PMOS on N well? If not, how do you turn it on? You need to read some basic book on CMOS technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back