Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SPI interface in VHDL for nios

Status
Not open for further replies.

E_D_W_I_N_83

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nios spi status

dear frens,
currrently i'm handling an fpga APEX20K board and just getting use to it..so i'm suppose to implement an SPI interface using the nios processor and the avalon switch fabric.at this point of time, i'm only familiar with VHDL and i was wondering if any1 has the source code in VHDL for a SPI interface.
i'm going to connect it to a 74HC595 chip(consisting shift register and a latch) and leds to show that the leds with all light up at 1 time, rather than ligthing up 1 by 1.anyway, its a simple demo, but i'm just not sure on the coding and would really appriciate any help.thanks.

eddie:D

spi interface vhdl

What NIOS/Quartus version do u use? As far as I know is there an IP for a SPI in the SOPC availiable.

Kind regards
revolt

nios spi

Hi

If you are using Quartus package, For all the standard protocols, Altera is providing megacore functions. I think you can generate SPI core using megacore functions. You can get more information from Altera website.

Regards,
Vishwa

spi nios

Hi,
NIOS already has SPI core built in. You have to instantiate it from the SOPC builder. Please read the documentation for NIOS, you will get lots of information there.

Best Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back