Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SOP expression coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnold

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sop expression evaluates to a constant

hi, anybody can give me an explanation of SOP expression coverage? I got this warning message from IUS55 coverage

ncelab: *W,COVSEC: (/export/home/xxx/prj/IP/uart/rtl/uart_dpll.v,115|22): SOP expression evaluates to a constant: not checked

thanks a lot!:D

sop expression

mayb one of ur product(os sop), evaluates to 0. am not sure...

ncelab covsec

Arnold said:
hi, anybody can give me an explanation of SOP expression coverage? I got this warning message from IUS55 coverage

ncelab: *W,COVSEC: (/export/home/xxx/prj/IP/uart/rtl/uart_dpll.v,115|22): SOP expression evaluates to a constant: not checked

thanks a lot!:D

Try: nchelp ncelab COVSEC

I believe SOP is for Sum-of-products, and being a coverage metric, any constnat can't be meaningfully covered.

HTH
Ajeetha
http://www.noveldv.com

Sum-Of-Products(SOP) the form of Boolean expression. As you might suspect, a Sum-Of-Products Boolean expression is literally a set of Boolean terms added (summed) together, each term being a multiplicative (product) combination of Boolean variables. An example of an SOP expression would be something like this: ABC + BC + DF, the sum of products "ABC," "BC," and "DF."
https://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_4/chpt_7/9.html

In your case SOP expression evaluates to a constant (for example: a + ~a =1).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back