Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Moved]: how to calculate jitter when simulating the PLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristya

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question. What's the authentic method to quantify the jitter when simulating the PLL used as a clock.

I've tried two ways. First, do the transient simulation and use the eye diagram function in cadence to see the peak-to-peak jitter. As for this method, is the transient noise necessary(as picture shown).If yes, how to set the max noise frequency(I think the oscillator frequency is ok)? As some paper state, without the transient noise the output only indicates the deterministic jitter, so the transient noise is necessary for including the random jitter. Is this right?

The second is to fit the total phase noise curve and do the transform calculation. which method is more accurate when simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.