Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

using of ADC in digital controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahnaz64

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm trying to design a buck converter with digital controller, and i need to use of a ADC for digitizing the error voltage. what type of ADC is better to use? I simulated it in matlab simulink.
Please help, thanks.

What kind of car is best to drive from Dusseldorf to Kiev?

Your question is just way too vague to answer. What resolution do you need? What speed? What are you using for a controller? Do you want serial or parallel? What kind of interface do you want?

Thank you for your answer.
I don't know the answer of some of your question. I am in start of my project. in my project, ADC type is not very important and my focus is on controller (sliding mode controller). In fact i don't know what type of ADC is better to use?

Presume you'll implement the controller in a microcontroller, how about going with the ADC provided by your preferred microcontroller? The ADC needs to keep up with the controller sampling rate and have sufficient resolution according to the intended controller accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.