Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions on using and circuit simulation using LM331

Status
Not open for further replies.

doncarlosalbatros

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to convert 0..10V analog voltage to frequency by using an LM331. Since LM331 works at 5V supply, I can scale 0..10V to 0..5V and feed it as the voltage input to the LM331.

I came across this circuit and this forum. I followed the instructions to use LM331 in LTspice and simulated the circuit below: c3.png

But I'm getting 5V constant output when I use 5V supply. LM331 should work with 5V supply. But in simulation with 5V it doesn't work. It works when I use 10V supply.
c1.pngc2.png

Can someone explain me how this circuit works? I mean C1 and R1 sets the frequency but thats all I know. What else sets what here? How can I set the duty cycle to around 50%? How can I modify this circuit so I can run the simulation for 5V supply?

Why don't you follow up the original datasheet ?? There are lot of informations in it.

Note that :Minimum Recommended Supply Voltage is 4V.The model can be invalid around this tension.

Status
Not open for further replies.