Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Moved]: Cadence: How to Add Noise in ECG waveform

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplsoft

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working on a project to design filter circuit for ECG detection system. I have generated ECG waveforms through cadence using VPWLF/PWL file. But I also want to add noise to my ECG waveform, and I am stuck at how to add NOISE of 400 Hz to my ECG signal using cadence which will be the input for filter design.

I am stuck at this point, any help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards.

What about adding an ac voltage source of 400Hz with a small amplitude? It's not just noise, but it mimics 400Hz EMI .

That's how I've approached things, sometimes with a
plurality of different-frequency vsin sources stacked
to get a more chaotic appearing stimulus.

Another option chaos-wise is to use a vpwlfile that
you gen'd up using some sort of random number
stream.

You can use the $random() function of Verilog-a to generate some random numbers and use these numbers as the amplitude of a sine with the desired frequency. For example, ($random() % 100 ) / 100 produces a random number between 0 to 1. You can easily use the schematic from this Verilog-a code inside your top-level schematic.

Status
Not open for further replies.