Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

my tv resets itself from time to time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahah

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
i have a LED32C2000H changhong tv, and about every once a week when i turn it on, all the settings are cleared and i have to re set it for the channels, language etc...
what can be the problem?

thanks

The settings you mentioned..where are the details of the settings saved?In the TV/In the remote?

The settings you mentioned..where are the details of the settings saved?In the TV/In the remote?

i'm not sure to understand your question, so im going to try to be clear in my description:

when i bought this TV, the 1st time i used it, i had to "install" it. I mean i had to select the language, i had to scan/search the channels etc... i have done this "installation" with the remote (by pressing menu button etc...).

normally, with all TVs, when you "install" them for the 1st time, you have not to re-scan/search for channels etc... next time you turn them on.
normally the channels are automatically saved when you finish the "installation", aren't they?

in my case: i have "installed" my TV in choosing language, scan channels.
the day after, i turned my tv on, and watched it.
the 2nd day after i turned it on and watched it.
the 3rd day after, i turned it on but all the settings were lost.
it was as if, it was new and as if i've never "installed" it: all the channels were lost, the language etc...

so i had to "reinstall" it, such as the 1st day i bought it.
the day after i turned it on and watched it.
the day after etc...
one week after, same problem, all the settings were lost.
it was as if, it was new and as if i've never "installed" it. all the channels were lost, the language etc...

:sad:

I was checking the specifications of the TV you mentioned at this page:
**broken link removed**
and I saw it supports USB as one of its many communication protocols supported by it.How about,you connect the USB port on the TV to the USB port on your laptop?Maybe It will show some configuration settings....something?Try it out and see what actions occur after connecting the TV and LCD together.
All the other communication protocols supported,that is,HDMI,SCART,HDCP support video transmission.Maybe they wont give the desired result as mentioned above.Or maybe they will..For now,try connecting the USB port on laptop to the usb port on the TV...and report on what actions occur when you have done so..

(i suppose the link you wanted to post is **broken link removed** )

The USB tv port is used to scan music, image, video, text files on usb sticks or external disks.
I don't want to take risk to damage something by testing experiments, to see what can happened if i connect pc to usb port without knowing what i do. USB Pc port is not suitable for the tv.

Or are you sure i can do it without any risks?

normally how the channels are saved in a tv?
why with mine, they are saved only few days and lost in a random day?

The way I see it..It has to be one of the two problem(s),either there is some fault on the PCB inside the TV which is causing
the memory units to get erased completely after some time,or,a bug in the code in the microcontroller chip running your TV is
sending "RESET" signals which erases the memory.The memory units is the place,where all your "settings" are saved.Back in 1980s,Philips developed a protocol for communication between memory units and a processor,which was primarily for use in TV sets..Inter Integrated Circuit Communication(I2C).TV sets today also use a variant of that.Why dont you go through the technical documents of TV to see what communication protocol it uses,and also see the circuit diagram?If possible,can you upload it,so that I also can have a look?

The manuals i have, explain what each button is used for, and how install the tv. i dont have any diagram or technical informations, only specifications and troubleshooting guide.

One thing is strange because if all were reseted, i normally would have the process of the installation as if it was the 1st time i turn the tv on.
But here, there is not this process. only the settings lost.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe if i set a password in the lock mode, i can protect and prevent the tv from returning to the default settings.

How about...you check the troubleshooting guide for the problem you are facing?Go through it once and see whether the error you are facing, it is included or not..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back