Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i have pcb board!! how easy is build a file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sergioems

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have here a pcb board that i would like to send make some copies in a factorie! but i don t have the pcb file! how can i do? is eacy to build a file i i have the original? and if so how?
tks

If I understand it right, you have the actual PCB board, but not the design files?

1 - Is this board a 1-2 layer board?
2 - Was the board not populated before?

If the answer to both questions is yes, then you can send it to some companies who are specialized in "copying" the board, the to a scan out of the board, make a gerber file out of it and send you the data, then you can use the gerber file and send it to any board house you choose.

If your board has more than 2 layers and was populated before (or it is populated) the it is another story, there are companies who can do this, but it will cost yu A LOT of money.

Let me know if you want to find the name of these companies, I think I can find reference to a couple of them if I look for it.

BR,
/Farhad

yes answer to both questions are yes!

the board is a 2 layer board and was never populated before!

and you have any ideia how much will it coast for a companie to do me this files?

hope you can reply me! tks in advance!

I am not sure how much it will cost, It was such long time ago I looked into this that I have absolutely no idea.

I just sent you a private message explaining how I did it with a scanner, CorelDraw 8 and a lot of time! I bet these companies are doing the same thing, but has a more sofisticated environment than I had back then.

You can do it yourself, it is not that difficult, but it takes really a lot of time.

Best of luck,
/Farhad

sergioems

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ok friend tks for helping. just one thing private message not arrived if possible send me an email!

sems@zmail.pt

once again tks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back