Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

gsm module interfacing with at89c51

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrunknown080

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
i am interfacing sim300 gsm module with at98c51 microcontroller. my task is to switch on and off the relay using sms.

my question is how microcontroller is going to know that gsm module had received new message.is there any interrupt or at command used for this task

please help.:sad:

also how to manage gsm module memory because its gonna fillup after some time.

you need AT Commands to communicate with gsm module.
my question is how microcontroller is going to know that gsm module had received new message.is there any interrupt or at command used for this task

i am bit confuse you want receive massage from gsm module if you want make relay on and off then you send command from gsm module which checked by controller and according that you can do on and off you particular relay as your required.

**broken link removed**
https://www.8051projects.net/t4941/embedded-gsm-development/interface-gsm-modem-8051.htm
**broken link removed**
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/239506/

Receive new SMS, GSM Modem will send command AT+CMTI.

Receive new SMS, GSM Modem will send command AT+CMTI.

so how will i utilize this command will you please share an example subroutine in c

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

thanks i will study them then i will respond

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

mrunknown08 said:
You will receive an unsolicited result code from the gsm module, means that it will send you data through serial port without any question from your side.

also how to manage gsm module memory because its gonna fillup after some time.
There is an AT command to delete read or sent messages or even all messages. Also there are AT commands for preferred sms message storage.

you need AT Commands to communicate with gsm module.

i am bit confuse you want receive massage from gsm module if you want make relay on and off then you send command from gsm module which checked by controller and according that you can do on and off you particular relay as your required.

exactly i want to do that but i dont know the checking part,how to do that? and thanks for sharing links but all of them talk about sending a message from ucontroller but not receiving a message from gsm module and checking it if its a valid instruction or not.
please reply

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

exactly i want to do that but i dont know the checking part,how to do that? and thanks for sharing links but all of them talk about sending a message from ucontroller but not receiving a message from gsm module and checking it if its a valid instruction or not.
please reply

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

just see the link given by mr alexx in that link recving msg from gsm code given

and if you want receive sting from gsm say "ON" then you have to compare your sbuf data with sting

Code:
unsigned char rd1[]={"ON"};
 while(1)
 {
  unsigned int y;//k;

for(y=0;y<1;y++)
 {
         while(RI==0); 
         mydata[y]=SBUF;
	      delay(1);
		 P1=mydata[y];
		 RI=0;
  }

if(P1==rd1[])
  {
    led_d=~led_d;
  }

Can you please post the code recd. by you?

so how will i utilize this command will you please share an example subroutine in c

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:22 ----------

but if i send "ON" the ucontroller will receive the msg like this

+CMGR: "REC UNREAD","xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx","12/06/12,11:18:27+20"
ON

OK

how to handle that?

- - - Updated - - -

There is an AT command to delete read or sent messages or even all messages. Also there are AT commands for preferred sms message storage.

will you please post these commands here i cant find them in at commands list

Status
Not open for further replies.