Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

interfce with DS1307 RTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudheepsrc

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plz help me do project......

in my project using a RTC Ds1307 .But have doubt, plz help meeeee

1) Firstly we entering current calender?
2) IF yes hows that do?

thanks in advance .......................

The DS1307 uses an I2C interface. Through this interface you can read or write the internall registers that controll all its functions, like calendar and alarm. So, firstly, connect the device to an I2C interface. Then, read the datasheet and write to the internall registers (at address 00h to 06h) that controll date and time (and others if you wish).
Regards

Hi, I´m wondering about what are you trying to build (I guess you want to build a Real Time Clock to use with some other circuits) but, as an advice, I suggest you to build a board like the one I built some months ago that lets you interface the DS1307 in a easy way. After that we would like to know if you want to make it work with a PIC or other Microcontroller... let us know that to help you... I made a try with a PIC16F876A and Mikrobasic and I could lend you this work if you need it... Anyway you need to read the datasheet of the chip (as pauloynski said to you) and to pay attention in all steps you are interested in. Here you have the pictures of the interface board I made. Greets.

Attachments

• PIC_0995.JPG
    PIC_0995.JPG
    654.9 KB · Views: 72
  • PIC_0996.JPG
    PIC_0996.JPG
    821 KB · Views: 78
  • PIC_0997.JPG
    PIC_0997.JPG
    782 KB · Views: 71

DS1307 RTC is interface using I2C interface.
you have set time and then start the clock..
later u can read the time

here is program which sets time and reads time using PC interface MAX232..
on hyperterminal

here u can find datasheet
**broken link removed**

see my post
https://www.edaboard.com/threads/188521/

this will help you in code

Status
Not open for further replies.