Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

good rf simulation software to learn working of rf circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.
rf simulation tool ads free download

HFSS has been very accurate for me if you set up the model correctly. sound understanding of RF concepts is required to make it work

wipl-d crack

Hi
if you want to design a passive rf circuit, it's better foer you to read Matthaei or Rizzi's book. but for rf active circuits i suggest you Gonzalez's book(MW transistor Amp.) and Tri. T. Ha's book(solid-state MW Amp.). but you should be expert about smith-chart.
good luck

best tool for rf simulation

I have found RFSim99 and AppCAD useful, they are freeware, use google search.

rf circuit simulation software

Experience and EMC related you can refer to.

freeware rf simulator

Hi, I have been designing RF ccts for over 40yrs - I started at the age of 11 !!!

First Software is no more than a Calculator for RF.

If you don't know what you are building it's useless.

Unlike Digital Design and low frequency Analogue Design the simulation needs a lot of experience to understand how RF behaves.

The biggest and most common errors surround parasitics and layout issues.

for example every Resistor has parallel capacitance
Every Inductor also has capacitance and resistance
every Capacitance has Inductance and Resistance and so on and if these are not understood and designed in, the results will be far from what the real PCB produces ..... and the higher the frequency the worse this gets.

Active components have many interelated issues and much design is about choosing the most approriate device for the job which is time consuming.

Getting into the realms of Ocillator deign is even more "messy" as device characteristics can cause wide changes in the results. Also many programs cannot reliably (if at all) produce predictable deigns.

So please take some time to read and understand the basics (after perhaps you have chosen a project) and build on it and over time expand your understanding into new designs and techniquies.

I have, on many occasions, debugged Raw Silicon, designed purely on Software and, because the "designer" did not deal with (or even think about) some fundamental issues like decoupling the devices were destroyed every time they were powered up !! and other issues like parasitic oscillations that rarely show up in simulation (they expect perfect compoments) and so one. These kinds of problems that also occur on PCBs can often take ages to figure out.

I have uses MWO, ADS, HPFS, Eagleware, PSice, Orcad, Altium, Protel, AWR, B2 Spice, Genesys, and many more including ones I wrote before the IBM PC was available. (Perhaps I should not say this, but virtually all of these are available for trial (but with Cracks, Serial nos, Key Generators readily available) But check out the next .....

Currently I am using a FREE simulator which is a mere 2.5Mb download and called RFSim-99 and it really IS very good it uses real components, can import S-paramenters, design Microstrip, Stripline, customised components, Filters, Matching, attenuators and so many other things (like "tune" and Automatic impedance matching) it is truly awesome for the size (and speed is mega fast) and so simple to use and the results are very good.

Take some time and learn the basics, after that the world is your ouster !!

learn all about rf

Idea is the most important than the softwares, the best tools depend on the issues you want to solve , HFSS,IE3D , ADS,FEKO , SONNET ,all of them are very good simulation tools

xcy_antenna

software for rf simulation

Hello all,

Here is very nice paper on Microwave tools for Research...
"Software Tools for Research and Education" I think this covers most of the needs& requirements.... Microwave Office, WIPL-D Microwave, Ansoft Designer.

www.mwr.medianis.net/pdf/Vol12No2-09-DTosic.pdf

---manju---

software to learn circuits

Hi

I think ADS is perfect and easy. You can use its example for guidance.

Rosa

filter simulator rfsim

well you can start with microwave office it's good for beginners
the next step should be ANSOFT designer or ADS

rf+99 software

Hi,

Looking for a basic knowledge you should grab some books, but take note that No books will give you all the knowledge that you need so you need to spend more money.

For RF circuit simulator, If you have opportunity to purchase I recommend ADS from Agilent, maybe because they are the one of the leading supplier of RF instrument they also have all the support that you need so you wouldn't stuck. Same thing with HFSS from Ansoft, the first released is from HP which is now Agilent, I'm using this since version 5.3.

What important is how you want to use the product. if you only wanted to learn, there's alot of simulator that you can download for free with limited functionality, but if you're racing against time to market you should purchase those high end application to speed up the development.

Goodluck...

Re: good rf simulation software to learn working of rf circu

A new in-expensive microwave circuit design software (for educational, hobby, amateur, and even professional purposes), Pep, with similar format to Puff is available. Pep can run in any internet browsers installed with Java Virtual Machine independent of operating systems. The trial version and subscribed copy for 1-year license period of Pep can be available from: https://www.cosynco.com . You can have a look at that! Here we also attach our trial version for your reference (trial license expires on 1/1/2010). We will update and extend the trial period for your free test from times to times.

Its use is similar to Puff. When you unzip the pep.zip file, you can put it under some folder of your PC. Then you find there are 0_Pep_trial.html, pep.gif, Pep.jar, and a folder (directory) called pep_ckts. To start Pep, you can click on 0_Pep_trial.html, and then run password by clicking a license file under the directory called pep_ckts. After Mwboard layout window appears, you can click on any netlist (placed under the same directory with that license file). You can find brief help menu inside Pep. Later I will put the help manual here, or you can leave your request from our website https://www.cosynco.com. Please come visit and support us often and help us make contributions to RF/microwave community with good software! Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.