Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage reference circuit to regulate altera output?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kotsonas

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to all since this is my first post.

Im designing a modulator circuit based on an fpga chip from altera. The pins provide a 4.3v voltage output (as a logical 1) and i have a d/a selfmade circuit based on opamps (as adders). The purpose of the selfmade circuit is that by changing the resistors i can micromanage the voltage levels that it produces.

The problem is that i cant rely on the possible 4.3v output from the chip to suply the amplifiers that will create the different levels. I need a circuit that will bring the voltage to a fixed value (eg. 5 or 4v) and that will also be able to follow the data output from the chip.
For example a voltage regulator can not follow the data flow so i was thinking of using a transistor that will be suplied with fixed voltage value coming from a voltage reference circuit.

My question is:

Is there a voltage referece circuit that has the ability to provide the reference voltage when a voltage value is suplied and stop when some kind of logical zero is the input?

Also do you have another idea on how to do what i want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back