Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Please help me about a problem with LPM library in Quartus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lts85

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a problem that need anybody help me:
I have a project which uses VHDL code base on a FPGA of Altera. But I am building a project base on a Spartan 3E FPGA of Xilinx. I want to use VHDL code base on a FPGA of Altera, but in it's code have some module of LPM library that i can't use they for my project which i use ISE tool (a production from Xilinx).
I want to ask : What way to use LPM library of Quartus II in ISE of Xilinx to process this problem.
Please help me. Thanks so much!

Re: Please help me about a problem with LPM library in Quart

In general, Xilinx and Altera have libraries with similar functionality, but with many differences in detail. Altera has e. g. fully parameterizable components for internal RAM while Xilinx has fixed size blocks, so you typically have to instantiate more than one block to build a memory of your choice. Altera actually uses a number of RAM blocks internally, but you don't have to care for.

Except for a few incompatible cases, it should be possible to write an emulation package that provides LPM components through Xilinx library. I did the same in opposite direction for some Xilinx library components.

Please help me about a problem with LPM library in qu(at)rtu

For example: lpm_add_sub in this project . How to use it in ISE? I very need this module for ALU in project about my MCU-RISC 8 bit.
Please help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back