Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Base System Builder example fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOps

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
[implementation/system.bmm] error 2

Hello,
i hav XUPV2P board. i am running BSB builder from XPS.
i am following the manual, to generate MicroBlaze core.

at the last stage i must choose peripherals,then press on the "Generate" button.
according to the manual, i must see the next dialog box with an option "Download a design to the board and test the design". i dont see this option after i press generate. (maybe its because i have later version of EDK)

but anyway, after all i choose the following menu in XPS Hardware->Generate Bitstream process begins to run... but later i get this error:

Code:
Generating synthesis project file ...

Running XST synthesis ...
INFO:MDT - The following instances are synthesized with XST. The MPD option
   IMP_NETLIST=TRUE indicates that a NGC file is to be produced using XST
   synthesis. IMP_NETLIST=FALSE (default) instances are not synthesized.
IPNAME:microblaze_0_wrapper INSTANCE:microblaze_0 -
E:\PROJECTS\EDK\test1\system.mhs line 35 - Running XST synthesis

ERROR:MDT - Aborting XST flow execution... 
INFO:MDT - Refer to E:\PROJECTS\EDK\test1\synthesis\microblaze_0_wrapper_xst.srp
   for details

ERROR:MDT - platgen failed with errors!

make: *** [implementation/system.bmm] Error 2

Done!

what is the reason? i was just follwing manuals, didnt change anything yet.

thanks

Hi,
Some questions:
what version of EDK did you use?
What options and IPs did you add for your base system?
Your project is stand alone?

My EDK is 9.1.

i added MicroBlaze, and i added RS232, 5pushbuttons, 4dp switches. nothing else.

what u mean by standalone? well yes it is like building embeded system on my board. and i just followed manual of the Base System Builder from the Digilentinc website!

you can read in my previous post, which message i should see in previous version of EDK, and what i saw in 9.1 ...

anyway i choosed Hardware->Generate bitstream.. and it gave me following error, which i cannot undetrstand at all|!

any ideas?

Ok, can anyone at least help me? what could be the problem? how do you create MicroBlaze processor using XPS? i just dont understand what could go wrong, if i am just following factory manuals.

Hi,

That problem doesn't happen when i generate that BSB.

I attach "microblaze_0_wrapper_xst.srp" of done project. Maybe you could find what happens for your project by comparing it with yours.

BlackOps

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank u for ur help miniuser, i will compare these files.. are u using EDK 8.2i ??

i am using EDK 9.1i... is there something to take in notice when using EDK 9.1i?

Hi,

Yah, I have EDk 8.2. Maybe I can check this with EDK 9.2 some days later.

But I don't think anything changes. because this problem seems not to be popular.

Did you check that BSB with other boards like xilinx ML401 board?

no i dont have other boards, i only have XUPV2P board.. according to the manuals from Digilentinc website...it must work... i will wait for ur response after u check it with 9.2 if u can please... (however i have EDK 9.1i but i dont think it differs much)
thanks friend

well... after many times of install/reinstall process...tinkering and experimenting... i saw that the reason of this error was isntallation of both ISE 9.1 and ISE 9.1 ... i removed everything, and installed ISE 9.1 and EDK 9.1 with latest SPs... and it worked fine. thank u!

i just saw your post and was going to say that it might be related to the software versions...i'm facing a problem with an example i'm doing from digilent also, and another one from xilinx site too....and part of it was related to versions and another part is related to missing files in the folder i unzipped from the site...and another part is still unsolved..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back