Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NEED HELP: Optimized blocks in VHDL design

Status
Not open for further replies.

avd

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

Can anyone help with some information about the optimization of the design within the Xilinx ISE 4.2i package? My problem is that the VHDL code that is written compiles perfectly, and the 'Simulate Behavioral VHDL Model' simulates pefectly, but when I run the design implementation stage, the design is optimized, and all the VCC and GND connections are removed (listed in the map report). If I run the 'Simulate Post-Translate VHDL Model' the simulation results are all X (red lines). Can anyone tell me why this happens?

Thanks,
Andrew

Occurrence of a uncertain condition 'X' is not connected in any way with removal nets GND and VCC. It is result not performance of time restrictions.Use TimingAnalyzer for the analysis of the project.
Set rigid restrictions on time for nets in which delay distributions of a signal are exceeded with the value necessary to you. Avoid several clocks in the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back